ABEM Journal — International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets (IJBEM)
Regional Editors Asia > Dr. Murali Chari, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA > Dr. Chung-Leung Luk, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong > Dr. Ramendra Singh, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC), India
Regional Editors Africa > Dr. Mornay Roberts-Lombard, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
> Dr. Isaac Wanasika, University of Northern Colorado, USA Regional Editor Eastern Europe > Dr. Brent McKenzie, University of Guelph, Canada Regional Editors Middle East > Dr. Issam Tlemsani, Qatar University, Qatar
> Dr. Prakash Vel, University of Wollongong in Dubai, UAE Regional Editor Latin America > Dr. Mauricio Garita, Universidad del Valle de Guatemala, Guatemala
> Dr. Halia Valladares, Mount Royal University, Canada
Book Review Editors > Dr. Yvonne McNulty, SIM University, Singapore
> Dr. Lam D. Nguyen, Bloomburg University of Pennsylvania, USA > Dr. Domingo Ribeiro, University of Valencia, Spain
> Dr. Jayant Sonwalkar, University of Indore, India
Scholars and managers have shown keen interest in business opportunities provided by emerging markets (EM). Foreign firms’ opportunities range from investing in EM to outsourcing from EM, whereas local firms and economies benefit from investments and expertise of foreign firms. Understanding EM characteristics in the face of evolving government policies and changing consumer behavior is crucial to identifying new consumer needs and developing suitable products and services to meet the needs. IJBEM is a quarterly peer-reviewed indexed international journal, published by Inderscience, UK, and addresses these needs by stressing the use of qualitative and empirical data in its articles. Publishing in IJBEM is based on the merit of the articles and is absolutely free.
Objective of the peer-reviewed IJBEM is to encourage application of research methods to solve specific business-related problemss in EM. The journal aims to promote articles that are based on the unification of the theoretical–quantitative or the empirical–qualitative approach, and that propose future research directions for scholars and recommend actionable business strategies for managers.
IJBEM publishes articles on a broad spectrum of topics relating to EM, and provides scholars with informative research-based articles to advance the research agenda, and managers with practical recommendations to grow their businesses. Policy makers should also benefit from the theory–practice focus of the journal. Special issues relating to business issues in developing countries and emerging markets will also occasionally be published.
- Scope of the journal, but not limited to the following broad areas:
- Research issues in emerging markets
- International business and local government policies
- Business, production, and market orientation of local firms
- Outsourcing from EM
- Marketing effectiveness and marketing culture
- Local culture, consumer behaviour, and advertisements
- Transforming local brands into global brands
- Small– and medium–sized enterprises (SMEs) and family businesses
- Local multinational firms and their management
- Foreign investments, risks, and returns
- Corporate culture, strategy and ethics
- Organisational behaviour, human resources, and training and development
- Financial and non-financial business performance
- Information technology and competitiveness
- IJBEM editorial board consists of eminent professors from around the world.
- Agwu, Edwin, Covenant University, Nigeria
- Akinmayowa, Taiwo, University of Benin, Nigeria
- Alon, Ilan, Rollins College, USA
- Avlonitis, George J., Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Chhokar, Jagdeep, Indian Institute of Management (IIM-Ahmedabad), India
- Chung, Mona, Deakin University, Australia
- Civi, Emin, University of New Brunswick, Saint John, Canada
- Cunningham, Peggy, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Dahl, Darren, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Dash, Tapas Ranjan, Build Bright University, Cambodia
- Ding, Daniel, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Gaur, Sanjaya S., Auckland University Technology, New Zealand
- Grigoriou, Nicholas, Monash University, Malaysia
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, University of Massachusetts – Dartmouth, USA
- Hussain, Mostaq M., University of New Brunswick-SJ, Canada
- Jallouli, Rim, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Kabir, Humayun, Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa
- Kaynak, Erdener, The Pennsylvania State University at Harrisburg, USA
- Korsakiene, Renata, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania
- Kouchtch, Sergei, Saint-Petersburg State University, Russian Federation
- LaPlaca, Peter J., University of Hartford, USA
- Lewa, Peter, United States International University, Kenya
- Madichie, Nnamdi O., Canadian University of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Murray, Janet Y., University of Missouri-St. Louis, USA
- Neves, Marcos Fava, University of Sao Paulo – USP, Brazil
- Okoroafo, Sam C., University of Toledo, USA
- Paliwal, Udai, University of Namibia, Namibia
- Paliwoda, Stan, University of Strathclyde, UK
- Papadopoulos, Nicolas, Carleton University, Canada
- Pitt, Leyland, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Prava, Nalini, Indian Institute of Management (IIM Shillong), India
- Sabri, Nidal Rashid, Birzeit University of Palestine, Palestinian Territory, Occupied
- Shoham, Aviv, University of Haifa, Israel
- Singh, Ramendra, Indian Institute of Management (IIM Calcutta), India
- Sokolovska, Olena, National Academy of Sciences, Ukraine
- Tynan, Caroline, Nottingham University, UK
- Van Der Waldt, De la Rey, Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa
- Varma, Anupam, Birla Institute of Management Technology, India
- Vashko, Irina, Academy of Public Administration, Belarus
- Xie, Wei, Tsinghua University, China
- Here are a few essentials for publishing in this journal.
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare that they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available here.